Serving the wolds villages since 1997, Wymeswold Pharmacy is an independent pharmacy owned and run by Roger & Marion Kirkbride. Roger first came to the pharmacy as a locum in 2007 and, believing that it had potential, bought it in 2010.
The pharmacy may be small but that doesn’t mean you get any less from it – in fact you get more. All pharmacies provide the same essential NHS services and most provide additional NHS services; many provide repeat prescription management too.
We do all that and more; where else can you get your prescriptions dispensed and have your feet done, get a massage, reflexology and CBT?
What’s available and when?
|Open no later than||9am||9am||9am||9am||9am||9am|
|Closed no earlier than||5pm||5pm||5pm||6.30pm||5pm||12pm|
|Extra services||Foot Health||Remedial Massage & Indian Head Massage||Foot Health||Pharmacy additional and extra Services *||Remedial Massage & Indian Head Massage||CBT Therapy|
|With||Alison Matthews||Marion Kirkbride||Alison Matthews||Roger Kirkbride||Marion Kirkbride||Helen Moya|
Pharmacy additional and extra services are available every day but we have most time and best access to the consulting room on Thursday
The following services are provided on behalf of the NHS:-
- Dispensing of NHS prescriptions for medicines, dressings and appliances
- Management of waste medicines
- Information and advice
- Public health – the promotion of healthy lifestyles
- Signposting to other resources to help with your healthcare
- Support for self care – including the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Clinical governance – medication records & safety information
- Electronic prescriptions
- Summary Care Records
- Medicines Use Review
- New Medicines Service
- Flu vaccination
In addition we run a repeat prescription management service; for house bound patients this can also include delivery of the prescription.
Other services that we offer that are not funded by the NHS include:
- Dispensing of private and veterinary prescriptions
- Veterinary medicines
- Malaria prevention for travellers
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Flu vaccination (for people who do not qualify for the NHS vaccine – please ask)
- Period Delay
- More services are planned and this website will be updated as they come along.
More services are planned and this website will be updated as they come along.
Over the counter medicines, vitamins, toiletries etc.
We keep a range of products in stock to treat most minor illnesses plus:-
- First aid
- Vitamins & minerals
We don’t have much space so we can’t keep an extensive range; however we can get almost anything within 48 hours and many products on the same day. If we haven’t got what you want please ask & we’ll do our best to get it.
….. and we do cash back.
We offer a repeat prescription management service mainly for patients registered at Barrow on Soar and East Leake surgeries. However Electronic Prescriptions makes this service also possible for most patients who use any surgery – please talk to us if you would like to use the service but you use a different surgery
We will deliver request in to the surgery, collect the prescription, dispense the prescription and have it ready for you to collect from the pharmacy in three working days (often less) from the request being made.
How it works
If you find it difficult to get to the pharmacy we will deliver the prescription to your door
How to get started
- Call the pharmacy to talk about when you want to start and how you want to order and obtain your prescriptions
- If you want us to collect your repeat prescriptions you will be asked to sign a consent form; we will organise this
- We will get repeat slips from your doctor
- When you need more medicines just call.
If you go to the Dr and (s)he gives you a prescription that you need straight away you don’t have to come here for it; if you need it straight away go to the nearest pharmacy. However if you need that medicine again we will need to know what it is and how you take it.
Other services from Wymeswold Pharmacy
In 2011 we had the pharmacy extended to add on a consulting and treatment room. This enabled us to bring you some extra services provided by a range of visiting practitioners who are skilled in their professions, including:-
- Foot Health at Wymeswold Pharmacy
- Remedial Massage and Indian Head Massage at Wymeswold Pharmacy
- Reflexology at Wymeswold Pharmacy
- CBT Therapy