2A Hoton Road, Wymeswold
Tel: 01509 881513
Serving the wolds villages since 1997, Wymeswold Pharmacy is an independent pharmacy owned and run by Roger & Marion Kirkbride. Roger first came to the pharmacy as a locum in 2007 and, believing that it had potential, bought it in 2010.
The pharmacy may be small but that doesn’t mean you get any less from it – in fact you get more. All pharmacies provide the same essential NHS services and most provide additional NHS services; many provide repeat prescription management too.
We do all that and more; where else can you get your prescriptions dispensed and have your feet done, get a massage, reflexology and have your ears syringed?
What’s available and when?
|Extra services||Foot Health||Remedial Massage||Foot Health||Foot Health||Remedial Massage||Ear Syringing|
|With||Alison Matthews||Marion Kirkbride||Alison Matthews||Alison Matthews||Marion Kirkbride||Helen Bryans|
Pharmacy additional and extra services are available every day. We have two consulting rooms and can provide all of the above services alongside our Pharmacy Services.
The following services are provided on behalf of the NHS:-
- Dispensing of NHS prescriptions for medicines, dressings and appliances
- Management of waste medicines
- Information and advice
- Public health – the promotion of healthy lifestyles
- Signposting to other resources to help with your healthcare
- Support for self care – including the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Flu vaccination
In addition we run a repeat prescription management service; for house bound patients this can also include delivery of the prescription.
Other services that we offer that are not funded by the NHS include:
- Dispensing of private and veterinary prescriptions
- Veterinary medicines
- Malaria prevention for travellers
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Flu vaccination (for people who do not qualify for the NHS vaccine – please ask)
- Period Delay
Over the counter medicines, vitamins, toiletries etc.
We keep a range of products in stock to treat most minor illnesses plus:-
- First aid
- Vitamins & minerals
We don’t have much space so we can’t keep an extensive range; however we can get almost anything within 48 hours and many products on the same day. If we haven’t got what you want please ask & we’ll do our best to get it.
….. and we do cash back.
Electronic prescriptions mean that we can offer our services to people who use any surgery, wherever it is located. Patients whose GP is in Leicestershire have to order their prescriptions directly from the surgery. They are then sent to us electronically and are available a couple of days after the request has been made.
For patients who use East Leake surgery we can offer a more comprehensive prescription management service.
How it works
For patients who live in Wymeswold, Rempstone, Hoton or Burton on the Wolds and find it difficult to get to the pharmacy we will deliver the prescription to your door
How to get started
- Call the pharmacy to talk about when you want to start and how you want to order and obtain your prescriptions
- If you want us to collect your repeat prescriptions you will be asked to sign a consent form; we will organise this
- We will get repeat slips from your doctor
- When you need more medicines just call.